2015 HR Trends
As 2015 kicks off, it is a great time to look at where the human resources world is headed. Knowing how the trends are changing human resources can help to ensure that your HR department is properly handling every situation. Keep these human resource trends in mind to ensure that you know what to expect in the coming year.
- Generation Z is here – generation Z is the emerging workforce. These people who were born between 1995 and 2010 are starting to enter the workforce as entry-level employees. These talented college seniors and recent graduates have many new talents that they can bring to the workforce.
- Millennials are moving up – as generation Z enters the workforce, millennials are moving up into leadership roles. Making sure these millennials are properly trained for more leadership can help to ensure the success of your company.
- Honesty is key – while people still value job security and compensation, they are also looking for companies that are honest. Creating transparency throughout the company will lead to more loyal employees who are less likely to move to a different job.
- Retention rates are dropping – almost 90 percent of employees are looking for a new job while they are still working at their current job. Creating a work culture that allows socialization and friendships will help employees feel more attached to their jobs and less likely to leave.
- Social media recruitment – social media is much more than just a way to get connected. It is quickly turning into one of the best ways to recruit new talent to your company. Regular social media updates and blog posts are a great way to help attract new employees.
For more information on the HR trends for 2015 and how it will impact your company, contact HR Solutions & Brokerage in Lakewood, Colorado.